Women in Management, Business and Public Service (WIMBIZ), is a Nigerian non-profit organization formed in 2001 by 14 individuals (13 women and 1 man) who identified a serious issue concerning women in the workplace and in business, particularly in the areas of leadership capacity building and avenues for networking for growth.
Our vision is “to be the catalyst that elevates the status and influence of women and their contribution to nation building”. Our vision is borne out of a desire to assist women manage the manifold challenges they face in the workplace and in so doing enable them fulfill their potential and be meaningful contributors to economic development. This vision is aimed at improving the success rate of female entrepreneurs and increasing the proportion of women in senior positions in corporate organizations.
Our mission is to inspire and empower women to attain leadership positions in business, management and public service.
Our Core Values:
- Team Work
- To educate and challenge women to maximize their potential and rise up to the work/life challenges that they will face.
- Elevate and ensure the attraction and retention of women in the workplace.
- To create a platform/opportunities for networking and building value-added business relationships.
- To build a sustainable support infrastructure for mentoring, career and business guidance and facilitation
- Assist the needy and perform charitable functions.
- Foster the interaction between women corporate executives and entrepreneur.
We are also a volunteer-based organization, funded largely by donations and contributions by members and participants.