Women in Management, Business and Public Service (WIMBIZ) is a non-profit organization that has, over the last 18 years, implemented programs that inspire, empower and advocate for greater representation of women in leadership positions in the public and private sector. WIMBIZ has a contributory associate pool of over 768 accomplished women in management, business and public service and over 9,500 women in its database. WIMBIZ collaborates with credible domestic and international global organizations to deliver programs, which have influenced over 107,465 women since inception.
Our vision at WIMBIZ is to be the catalyst that elevates the status and influence of women and their contribution to nation building.
Our mission is to inspire and empower women to attain leadership positions in business, management and public service.
To achieve its vision and mission, WIMBIZ has four key pillars of operations through its programs.
- Advocate: A strong voice for gender parity and increasing the representation of women in leadership positions in business, management, and public service. The Women on Boards and CEO/Policy Makers Interactive Series programs are strong tools towards the achievement of same.
- Empower: Build a sustainable platform that enlightens and empowers women to achieve career/business and public-sector leadership. This is achieved through training, mentoring and capacity building programs.
- Inspire: To inspire women to achieve professional development, entrepreneurial exploits, public sector initiatives and community development by motivating them through those who have achieve similar feats through our programs, events, and initiatives.
- Connect: Build a sustainable platform that enlightens and connects women to achieve career and business leadership, while also engaging in networking opportunities and interventions.
Our Core Values:
- Team Work
- To educate and challenge women to maximize their potential and rise up to the work/life challenges that they will face.
- Elevate and ensure the attraction and retention of women in the workplace.
- To create a platform / opportunities for networking and building value-added business relationships.
- To build a sustainable support infrastructure for mentoring, career and business guidance and facilitation
- Assist the needy and perform charitable functions.
- Foster the interaction between women corporate executives and entrepreneur.
WIMBIZ is the 1st Nigerian NGO rated by NGO Advisor and ranked as 428 worldwide. It is also the only African / Nigerian affiliate partner and representative of the International Women’s Entrepreneurship Challenge (IWEC) Foundation.
WIMBIZ is also a volunteer-based organization, funded largely by donations and contributions by members and partners and is a supporter for the Code of Ethics and Conduct for NGOs.