Women in Management, Business and Public Service (WIMBIZ) is a non-profit organization formed in 2001 by 14 individuals to be a voice for women in careers and business. Over the last 16 years, WIMBIZ has implemented programs that seek to inspire, empower and advocate for greater representation of women in leadership positions both in the public and private sector. A process-driven gender empowerment organization in West Africa, WIMBIZ has a contributory associate pool of over 500 accomplished women in management, business and public service with over 5,000 women on its database. WIMBIZ collaborates with credible global organizations to deliver programs, which have influenced over 87,000 women since inception.
Our vision at WIMBIZ is to be the catalyst that elevates the status and influence of women and their contribution to nation building.
Our mission is to inspire and empower women to attain leadership positions in business, management and public service.
Our Core Values:
- Team Work
- To educate and challenge women to maximize their potential and rise up to the work/life challenges that they will face.
- Elevate and ensure the attraction and retention of women in the workplace.
- To create a platform/opportunities for networking and building value-added business relationships.
- To build a sustainable support infrastructure for mentoring, career and business guidance and facilitation
- Assist the needy and perform charitable functions.
- Foster the interaction between women corporate executives and entrepreneur.
We are also a volunteer-based organization, funded largely by donations and contributions by members and participants.