The Coronavirus (COVID -19) is currently affecting 162 countries and territories around the world with an estimated number of 96,234 active cases. As at March 18, 2020, the Federal Minister of Health, Dr. E. Osagie Ehanire MD, FWACS confirmed five fresh cases of COVID-19 in Nigeria.
According to the Centre for Disease Control and Protection, there is currently no vaccine to prevent the Coronavirus disease; the best way to minimize the possibility of getting infected is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
In light of these recent findings, we deem it necessary to write to all Associates of WIMBIZ and WIMBIZ Enthusiasts to ensure that they are well informed about precautionary measures that can be adopted to avoid contacting this global pandemic.
- Ensure your hands are washed often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash hands with soap and water when hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily using an alcohol based solution or bleach.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wipe your phone, laptop keyboard, tablets and other devices with medicated wipes.
Our hope is that regulatory measures are in place to combat and totally eradicate the virus. Until then, please, stay safe.