WIMBIZ is a non-profit organization that has, over the last 16 years, implemented programs that inspire, empower and advocate for greater representation of women in leadership positions in the public and private sector. WIMBIZ collaborates with credible domestic and international global organizations to deliver programs, which have influenced over 93,825 women since inception.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Closing Date:
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application and CV to: email@example.com using the position applied for as the subject of the email.
- To examine assigned program areas and develop a clear understanding of the WIMBoard platform areas; maintain close coordination with the WIMBoard Strategic, Advocacy, Institute and Working Committee and other program staff as needed to accomplish program goal and objectives.
- To make propositions to the WIMBoard Strategy and related committees in developing and implementing procedures that will help the overall goal and objectives of the WIMBoard initiative, procedures and systems.
- Ensure the execution of all WIMBoard deliverables, lead project planning, action plans and monitoring processes.
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure program goals are achieved.
- To develop in-depth knowledge of assigned program areas, including current issues and key resource people and organisations, and a clear understanding of how they fit into the organisations interest.
- Develop and maintain adequate strategies for the WIMBoard program areas·
- To strengthen communication and good relations with appropriate external bodies and other departments.
- To develop relations with other stakeholders of the sector (NGOs, Networks, donors, by organizing forums, workshops, and meetings).
- To coordinate and work with implementing partners/agencies in project design, proposal development, contractual agreements; and the provision of monitoring, and project evaluations.
- To provide periodical reviews and reports on the overall effectiveness of the WIMBoard program.
- Develop an evaluation method to assess programs strengths and identify areas for improvements.
- To plan and schedule project timelines, track project deliverables using appropriate tools. Manage and direct the overall activities of the WIMBoard Program to achieve set goals.
- Prepare and present reports for the information of the Chairman, WIMBoard Strategy and Executive Director.
- Ensure the frequent population of the WIMBoard database and nomination of women who are qualified to serve on Boards.
- Work with the WIMBoard Advocacy committee and Communications department with updating the surveys, if possible on an annual basis and publishing the results.
- Prepare presentation documents and other related documents for all WIMBoard Committees and Courtesy visits.
- Develop a budget and operating plan for the WIMBoard program.
- Work with the Communications department on each committee’s evaluation tool and present the effectiveness of each committee.
- Ensure assigned representatives carry out their communications related function for the WIMBoard initiative on a timely manner.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its execution.
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Must be 35 years and above
- Must have thorough understanding of program management techniques and methods
- Must have worked in a structured environment
- Must be able to work with executive management
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years working experience in program management, administration or related field
- Must possess excellent communication, relationship and interpersonal skills
- Must have experience in strategy implementation
- Must be able to analyse data
- Must have excellent problem-solving ability
- Must have proven stakeholder management skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status
- To develop relations with other stakeholders of the sector (NGOs, donors, by organizing forums, workshops, and meetings).